Tokyo Street Hockey Association
"Learn From It"
The TSHA has 200 members as of December, 2013!
Thank you for visiting the Tokyo Street Hockey Association web site! Here you'll find out everything you need to know about our group, and how you can get in on the action! Click the appropriate tab at the top to find out what you need to know. Be sure to check out scenes from our games and the people who play in our pictures section !
We play on the first, second, and third Friday of every month, so go to our join section to sign up for the newsletter and get the most recent updates, or just check out the calendar . Also check out the info section to find out everything you need to know about what we do and how we do it, like where to buy sticks and where we play . And if after you search our site exhaustively and still have questions about what to do, then write in and ask !
Latest TSHA Street Hockey Report
The TSHA Street Hockey Report goes out by email every Monday (or thereabouts) to keep members informed about upcoming games and their location, how the last night of hockey went, and also any news or other information relevant to TSHA members. So, you can read the report here, but it is much better if you sign up for the weekly mail on our Join page .
If you want to read previous reports, you can check out the TSHA Street Hockey Report Archive .
Street Hockey Report for Wednesday 4th December 2013
1. GAME ON - Sunday 12/8, 1-3, Hodogaya/Yokohama (by Chad)
- Of Note: Big Mike is back in Japan for a bit. He will be there.
- Location: Hodogaya Sports Center, Yokohama
- Map: http://goo.gl/maps/mU64a
- Hodogaya Sports Center website: http://www.yspc.or.jp/hodogaya_sc_ysa/category/gaiyo.html
- Getting there: Closest stations are Hoshikawa, Tennocho, or Hodogaya. Give yourself about 10-15 minutes to walk from any of these stations. Several people usually meet at Hodogaya by the ticket gates at 40mins before we start and walk together. At the sports center, change in the locker rooms, then go to the 4th floor rink.
- Games: First to 5 goals wins. Repeat until time is up.
- Jerseys: Bring both a white and a dark shirt
- In case of rain: If it is raining in Yokohama, then hockey is off. If it's questionable, I will send a mail 2 hours before game start.
- Cost: Should be 500-1000yen/person, but it depends on how many people show up.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 080-3416-6211
- Other: Lockers and showers are free. The locker room is a little small, so put your sticks off to the side when you are changing so other patrons don’t kill themselves.
- Beer: Likely around Yokohama Station.
2. Please sign up for Friday 12/20, 8-10pm (by Chad)
The last chance to play this year will be on Friday, 12/20 in Musashi-Urawa from 8-10pm. If you want to play, please sign up by 10pm on Wednesday, 12/11.
3. Shinnenkai in January. What are your preferred dates?
I will plan a TSHA shinnenkai for sometime in January. Like usual, it will be an all-you-can-drink thing with food. Karaoke and ridiculousness will likely follow. If you want to join, please please let me know by the end of the month which of the dates below you prefer? I will plan it around whichever day gets the most votes.
- Friday 1/10
- Saturday 1/11
- Friday 1/24
- Saturday 1/25