Tokyo Street Hockey Association
"Learn From It"
The TSHA has 210 members as of October, 2014!
Thank you for visiting the Tokyo Street Hockey Association web site! Here you'll find out everything you need to know about our group, and how you can get in on the action! Click the appropriate tab at the top to find out what you need to know. Be sure to check out scenes from our games and the people who play in our pictures section !
We play on the first, second, and third Friday of every month, so go to our join section to sign up for the newsletter and get the most recent updates, or just check out the calendar . Also check out the info section to find out everything you need to know about what we do and how we do it, like where to buy sticks and where we play . And if after you search our site exhaustively and still have questions about what to do, then write in and ask !
Latest TSHA Street Hockey Report
The TSHA Street Hockey Report goes out by email every Monday (or thereabouts) to keep members informed about upcoming games and their location, how the last night of hockey went, and also any news or other information relevant to TSHA members. So, you can read the report here, but it is much better if you sign up for the weekly mail on our Join page .
If you want to read previous reports, you can check out the TSHA Street Hockey Report Archive .
Street Hockey Report for Monday 13th October 2014
1. Game On for Friday, Oct.17, 8-10pm at Musashi-Urawa.
- Address: Saitama-ken, Toda-shi, Bijyogi 1-chome-8 (埼玉県戸田市美女木１丁目８)
- Map: http://g.co/maps/9q8fv
- Getting there: Meet at Musashi-Urawa station, West Exit at 7:30-7:40 and split taxis. You can walk from Musashi-Urawa or Kita-Toda station. Some buses go near the rink.
- Games: Aim for 4 games (3 games of 2x10min periods, 1 game of 3x8min periods).
- Jerseys: Please bring both a white and a dark shirt to play in.
- Cost: Should be about 2500-3000yen per player. Goalies and gals are 500yen.
- - - - - - - - - - -
2. 2014 Yamato Cup - A Very Brief Summary
The Yamato Cup took place on Saturday the 4th. It was possibly the greatest day of hockey ever. Only three teams, but they were all quite evenly matched, which was evidenced by 6 of the 7 games being won by 2 or less goals. In the end, Team Red was able to beat Team White in overtime 3-2 to take the Golden Godzilla.
Giant thanks to all who participated, especially to Patrick and Scott for captaining up two of the teams. Also, an even bigger thanks to Eisuke, Rob, and Masa who came out to play net - these guys had the hardest job of the day and played extremely well throughout, so again, massive thanks to the goaltenders. Finally, another thanks to Mike for reffing each game and Crystal for keeping score - these tend to be the two hardest slots to fill, so I really appreciate you both volunteering and making the day flow much smoother.
For those of you who like to plan well ahead, The Yamato Cup 2015 will most likely be on Saturday Oct.3, 2015. Mark you calendars.
- - - - - - - - - - -
3. Schedule for the rest of 2014.
We will play on the following days in the next three+ months:
- Friday, 10/17, 8-10pm, Musashi-Urawa
- Friday, 11/7, 8-10pm, Musashi-Urawa
- Friday, 11/21, 8-10pm, Musashi-Urawa
- Friday, 12/5, 8-10pm, Musashi-Urawa
- Friday, 12/19, 8-10pm, Musashi-Urawa